Summer 2013 Mini Courses Key Dates
How to register:
Payment Methods: MasterCard, Visa, American Express, cash, and check (payable to “Northwestern University”). We only accept checks drawn on a U.S. bank and payable in U.S. funds.
About Mini Courses
The Norris Mini Course program offers a wide variety of non-credit, recreational, classes four times a year, beginning in October, January, April, and July. Established in 1973, the program continues to offer over 30 recreational courses. Our classes are designed to offer intense individual attention while operating in a relaxed, informal environment. Registration is open to the Northwestern community and the public.
Most classes take place once a week in the evening, in an attempt to provide an escape from the daily academic or work routine. These classes are a fantastic way to unwind, make new friends, and learn something new, all at the same time. Most Mini Courses are held inside the Norris University Center, located on Northwestern University’s beautiful Evanston campus.
These popular courses are offered almost every quarter:
These additional courses have been offered in the past; many continue to be offered on a rolling basis:
This is what some Mini Course students have to say about their classes:
- “The environment is casual and fun – filled with laughter and sharing of ideas…”
- “The instructor is amazing! There is a very good balance of simple and advanced techniques so that there is something for everyone at every level.”
- “I loved this course so much–I can’t believe how much I learned–all so practical, all fun, it’s been absolutely awesome!”
- “He is a great, inspirational instructor and he breaks down steps so they’re easy to follow.”
- “…Life-changing curriculum”
- “It was the perfect end to a stressful Monday and we were able to really learn some great dance moves”
- “I really appreciated the freedom that our instructor granted us…Students can work at their own pace and level.”
- “We learned a lot in such a small time frame.”
- “I liked how much the instructor knew and wanted to teach. He was entertaining and very vivacious.”
- “Great value and great instruction.”
- “The atmosphere was really relaxed and the content was really well explained.”
- “Taking the course was an escape from the academic week while still learning something new.”