Norris is getting more TVs – Now 7 Advertising Locations!
Why Should You Advertise
- Norris is the hub of campus activity, drawing various members of the NU community for a number of different reasons (dining, shopping, banking, meetings, student org offices, studying, recreation, entertainment, and more).
- Average Norris building counts during the 2011-12 school year (electric counters):
- 6,695 visitors per day Monday-Friday
- 5,629 visitors per day Saturday-Sunday
- Ad schedule
- New ads begin Monday morning (Norris opens at 8 AM)
- Ads run until Sunday night at midnight (or when your event/promotion ends if this occurs earlier in the week).
- Prices are fixed at the weekly rate, there are no pro-rating of prices.
- TV ads must be reserved online by the Thursday before the week you request your ad to run.
- To reserve ad space, the online reservation form must be completed – http://www.norris.northwestern.edu/resources/norris-tvs/
- You must provide your Chart String or SOFO number in order for ad to run.
- You will receive an automatic email confirmation when you submit your online request.
If your request is accepted based on Norris TV Advertising Policies, you will be asked to email your completed ad in the appropriate format to firstname.lastname@example.org (please note Specifications of Ads) by the end of day Sunday before your ad is set to run.
- Chart strings/SOFO number must be submitted prior to ad running.
- Your account will not be charged until after your ad has run.
- Student Organizations:
- Static Ads: $20
- Flash Ads: $30
- University Departments:
- Static Ads: $30
- Flash Ads: $40
- Each ad will be displayed for 8 seconds.
- No more than 30 ads will run per week.
- Your ad will be displayed at least 240 times per day per screen – or 13,440 times per week (240 times x seven days x eight screens)
- Only Student Organizations & University Departments may advertise on Norris TV.
- Norris University Center has the right to review, approve, and reject content if ads are not deemed inappropriate.
- Norris University Center has the right to disallow and take down any ads.
- Ads may not include any inappropriate language or images.
- Ads may be rejected based on conflict of interest with Norris University Center.
- A Chart String or SOFO account number is required to process advertisements.
- Each ad will begin Monday morning (8 AM) at the opening of Norris Center and will end at the closing of Norris Sunday evening (12 midnight) of that week.
- Please consult the Norris Web site for any variance in hours throughout the school year, www.norris.northwestern.edu/hours.php
- Advertising on the Norris TVs is only open to Northwestern- associated entities: Student Organizations and University Departments.
- Advertisers must design their own advertisements. Norris Center is unable to edit or adjust files.
- Cost of advertisements is non-negotiable.
- Each Student Organization & University Department is limited to one advertisement per week.
- If Norris Center is unable to run reserved advertisement due to a technical or other problem, Student Organization/University Department will not be charged.
- Advertisements will appear on all eight TVs in the Norris Center, unless request to be placed on certain TVs is made by requestor.